10 Inspiring Quotes That Reduce Stress BY GEOFFREY JAMES @SALES_SOURCE
These words of wisdom from the past can reduce the stress of today’s workplace.
Few emotional states are more dangerous–both to yourself and to your team–than stress. If you’re stressed, you make poor decisions, you get sick more easily, and you spread your stress to those around you.
Fortunately, there’s a timeless way to get stress back under control: Draw upon the wisdom of the past. Here are 10 quotes I read to myself whenever I’m feeling stressed:
1. “When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive–to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.”
2. “God give us the grace to accept with serenity the things that cannot be changed, the courage to change the things that should be changed, and the wisdom to distinguish the one from the other.”
3. “He is richest who is content with the least, for content is the wealth of nature.”
4. “To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.”
5. “In times of stress, the best thing we can do for each other is to listen with our ears and our hearts and to be assured that our questions are just as important as our answers.”
–Fred “Mister” Rogers
6. “Bend and you will be whole.
Curl and you will be straight.
Keep empty and you will be filled.
Grow old and you will be renewed.”
–The Tao Te Ching
7. “Suffering becomes beautiful when anyone bears great calamities with cheerfulness, not through insensibility but through greatness of mind.”
8. “Nothing is miserable unless you think it so; and on the other hand, nothing brings happiness unless you are content with it.”
9. “Even as fire finds peace in its resting place without fuel, when thoughts become silence the soul finds peace in its own source. When the mind is silent, then it can enter into a world which is far beyond the mind. This is wisdom, and this is liberation.”
10. “In a year you’ll barely remember why you felt so stressed, so why stress about it now?”
Well, that’s my list. What quotes do you use when you’re feeling stressed?